Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm Ready!

You know that scene that’s in every Rocky movie? The one where Rocky has lifted all of his weights, finished all of his sparing, and has run up the steps of that building while the theme song is playing? He is primed and ready to fight Clubber Lang, Apollo Creed , or that Russian dude. Well, that’s me right now. I’m ready for this race!

I’ve run all the miles, done as much hill work as possible, eaten right, weight lifting, yoga, and Pilates to get ready for this race. It feels really good that the hard training is over. The taper is finally here! And I am in the best shape of my entire life.

Most importantly, I am mentally ready for this race. I’ve got my head on right and I am ready for the challenge. It’s taken awhile to get here and I’ve gone through many ups and downs while training for this race. But now I am primed and ready to go. 11 days until the race – bring it on!

No comments: