Friday, January 30, 2009

One Week Until Rocky!

This time next week, my stomach will be full of butterflies as I get ready for my second 100 mile race -- the Rocky Raccoon 100. I did not complete my first 100 miler at Leadville this past summer. I am determined to do better at Rocky. I am well trained, I am confident, I have more experience under my belt, and I have excellent support. Those are the things you need to succeed in a race like this where so much can and will change in the course of 24 hours or so.

The ipod is loaded with mellow and upbeat tunes and the bags will be packed tomorrow. All that is left is for me to go out there and take care of business. And that is what I plan to do. A day of running in God's Grand Creation spent with my best friends and family -- who could ask for more?!

2 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Best wishes Mike at RR100 next week, I just read your Leadville report, way to go! That is one crazy tough course from the stories I have read....

Even though RR is easier then Leadville it's still a 100 miles so STAY ahead on your fuel!! You obviously have the mental strength, go get it done!!

Robin said...

Good Luck Mike- We will be thinking of you this weekend. I know this is your race, this year. Stay positive. R