Sunday, August 3, 2008

Two Weeks until Leadville!

Yesterday I completed my last "long" run before the Leadville Trail 100. I ran for a little over three hours with Matt. We ran from Garland to Sunnyvale -- crossing a part of Mesquite in the process. We ran to his parents house in Sunnyvale for a quick refueling stop before heading back to Garland.

It was a very enjoyable run except for this infernal heat wave that Dallas is going through right now. It is insanely hot all the time! 100 degree days are the norm right now and their is no end in sight! The cool/cold temperatures of Leadville will be so welcome to me (I think!).

So I am now into my tapering period. I feel strong and am ready for this race. In many ways the Western States experience was a dress rehearsal for this race. I've already gone through all of the feelings of fear, nervousness, and anxiety about a tough 100 mile race. The week of Western States I was almost hyperventilating at times while thinking about it. I am much more relaxed at this point going into Leadville.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just think in terms of how many iPod songs you need to reach the finish line! :)